Updating MLTCs Machinery

First of all, thank you for supporting MLTC in its growth over the last 3 years. This growth is down to a loyal client base and a huge amount of recommendations. Arguably, the best kind of advertising we can do.

If you have been following our Facebook page, you may have noticed that our wood chipper has recently changed colour, from yellow to a fiery Orange.

After a research trip to the Timberwolf factory in Ipswich, the decision was made to upgrade our machinery.

Timberwolf Factory Visit

Going to the factory and seeing how these machines are made was a great experience. It was great to see that 90% of the Timberwolf components are made in house. And the other 10% were sourced within a 50 mile radius of the factory. Not only did I get a tour of the production line (I tried my luck to get into the R&D department, but they wouldn’t have it) I got to compare machines and their capabilities.

Literally running both machines next to each other and chipping material.

I concluded that the new TW160 would replace our current 20 year old chipper. It fitted all of MLTCs needs. It’s a small machine that packs a punch. The larger intake of the chipper, increases the ‘wood-to-foliage’ ratio, making the by-product more desirable to biomass companies to use in power stations etc.

 

 

 

Having used the machine for the last three months, I can see a clear increase in efficiency with dealing with branches and logs.

Ultimately this will increase production, efficiency and most importantly, safety. All of these aspects contribute to MLTC delivering a high standard of arboricultural practice at a very competitive price.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *